*[ Обновленные темы · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Search/Поиск по всему порталу Поиск по форуму · RSS ]*

• Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: Snaggletooth, labanov, Darksage  
Коллекция » Rock Music (mostly lossless and a small part mp3) » BAND L » LANDMINE MARATHON /Death Metal (United States/2010)
LANDMINE MARATHON /Death Metal
DarksageДата: Понедельник, 27.09.2021, 20:50 | Сообщение # 1
True RMW

Статус: Offline

Об ошибках и нерабочих ссылках пишите сюда
Error and non-working links write here
Материал предназначен для ознакомления!
Если вам понравился альбом, купите диск в магазине.
The material is intended for review! If you liked the album, buy the CD in the store.

Discography

Landmine Marathon is an American death metal band from Phoenix, Arizona. Formed in 2004, the band was signed to Prosthetic Records, with Deep Six Records exclusively releasing the vinyl versions of their albums.more

Landmine Marathon - Sovereign Descent

Year: 2010
Style: Death Metal

01. (04:33) Exist
02. (03:54) Shadows Fed to Tyrants
03. (03:22) Foul Revolt
04. (04:55) Cruel Policy
05. (03:53) Justify the Suffering
06. (07:19) Steadfast Hate
07. (03:18) Chained by the Same Fate
08. (04:27) Flood the Earth
09. (03:52) Rise with the Tide

Grace Perry - Vocals
Dylan Thomas - Guitars
Ryan Butler - Guitar (Unruh, Structure of Lies, North Side Kings, Mercitron, Wellington (USA))
Matt Martinez - Bass, Guitar, Vocals
Mike Pohlmeier - Drums

Цитата
Cephalic Carnage. Napalm Death. Bolt Thrower. Carcass. Gods amongst men when it comes to that classic grindcore sound. The legacy there is undeniable. If you want fantastic grind, you go to these bands. Well, get ready to add another name to that exclusive list. Landmine Marathon’s new album Sovereign Descent is your daddy’s grindcore. There’s no modern frills, no fancy production, no real experimentation. Seeing how young this band is, I’m surprised they’ve captured the old school grind sound so well. I honestly feel as if I’m listening to a tape-traded album.

While the legendary bands have moved forward and innovated their sound, Landmine Marathon sticks true with what was pioneered in the late 80’s. I suppose that’s what surprises me so much about this band; they forgo so much of the genre’s evolution (not to mention the Brutal Truth-esque tendencies that other American grind bands follow) that they sound more like a British grind band from the past. Someone check to see if they travel to gigs in a time machine.

With this being their first album under Prosthetic Records’ able wing, they’ve dropped the Bolt Thrower tributary sound that I found so refreshing on the last album and have found their own niche in the genre. It certainly helps that vocalist Grace Perry is A) a woman and cool awesome at what she does. Her vocals are very ranged, meaning she can hit the required screeches and low gutturals with little effort. They satisfy every grind pre-requisite and yet are so different (again, because of A above) that they forge a path yet unheard. It’s breaking new ground and making the genre stretch its definition a bit.

Of course, no self-respecting grindcore outfit would be without a fast and technical drummer. Mike Pohlmeier fills that role nicely. Loud, rolling blast beats and bombastic fills keep the music moving at a breakneck clip. It’s amazing the guitars can actually keep up. Ryan Butler and Dylan Thomas are masters at what they do, mixing in deathy chugs betwixt the chaotic mix of solos, runs, and trills. Matt Martinez on bass does amicably in following his six stringed cohorts.

The only downfall to this album is, like with Rusted Eyes Awake, the production. The guitar tone is entirely too muddy. Granted, this could be deliberate (seeing as guitarist Butler recorded the music along with other great bands like Misery Index) in sticking with the early UK grind sound. Still, I would have liked to have heard a sharper, clearer guitar tone. With Alan Douches doing the master, it feels odd not to have that clear tone.

Despite the (admittedly minor) issue with the guitars, I feel this album is the best example of American grindcore to hit in a good long while. It is also one of the best grindcore album of any nationality I’ve heard since Napalm Death’s The Code is Red…Long Live the Code. If grindcore is your thing, this album has absolutely every right to be in your treasured collection.

© thenewreview.net

Моя душа - онлайн..
Я где-то рядом,
Я за стеклом экрана
Я далеко и близко, как ни странно...
===
Коллекция » Rock Music (mostly lossless and a small part mp3) » BAND L » LANDMINE MARATHON /Death Metal (United States/2010)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Thrash Metal United Kingdom Melodic Death Metal Argentina Mexico Brazil black metal Russia Death Metal Norway 2005 Progressive power metal Power Metal Japan Hard Rock Blues Rock Heavy Metal Germany 2000 Glam Rock Sweden 1998 Switzerland 1997 USA 2008 Belgium 2007 1983 Melodic Rock rock 1984 1985 2003 instrumental 1999 2004 speed metal 2006 1987 1988 canada 1990 2019 doom metal 1992 1993 2009 Spain gothic metal 2010 Netherlands 2018 Poland 1996 united states 1989 1994 1991 Greece 1995 2020 AUSTRIA 2011 France 2012 Denmark progressive rock lossless 2002 progressive metal Symphonic Metal UK Italy Folk Metal 2013 International Chile 2014 Progressive Death Metal 1986 2015 classic rock Colombia 2016 Russian Federation Symphonic Power Metal MP3 Finland 2001 CCM Melodic Hard Rock AOR Australia Melodic Power Metal US lossless Japan 2017 Melodic Heavy Metal 2023
Top.Mail.Ru
Яндекс.Метрика